I handload for my 10mm & I'm getting 1300fps with the Hornady 200gr XTP bullet. It's basically a max load using AA9 powder. It is very accurate in both my Glock 20 & my Kimber 10mm. It will completly exit & leave a huge wound channel through big feral hogs. I carry the Glock when I'm bow hunting here in Texas, because it carries 16 rounds with one in the pipe.
Carrying a handgun here in Texas is perfectly legal during archery season if you have a CHL.
I also have a S&W model 57 Mountain Gun in 41 mag with a 4"bbl.
I carry it some in NM or CO when i'm bow hunting or fly fishing in black bear country. I have some handloads with a 250gr LBT hard cast WFN bullet going nearly 1300fps. Maximum load of WW-296
It's quite a handfull, but it will certainly do just about anything my 44 mags will do, with a little less recoil & its much lighter to carry than my Clement's Custom Super Blackhawk in 44 mag. You can get Buffalo Bore ammo for either caliber in hard cast LBT type bullets with a big wide meplat from Cabela's.
Either caliber is a great choice for handgun hunting if you choose the right bullet/ammo.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~