Suluuq, the way I figure it, honest questioning of this sport is fine, trying to find a loophole or whatever. For the most part, that is what you are doing. These guys do seem to be a bit offended, so don't phrase it in such a manner so as to make them thing you are an @$$. I asked some honest questions regarding 2000 yard kills, such as what the bullet energy and such is, and I got my question answered. Bitching at these guys isn't doing a thing for their reputation, nor is it doing anything for yours. As I stated, I don't agree with their method of hunting (or shooting if you wish), but seeing as they say they haven't lost an animal, and nobody here can disprove them, and seeing as they seem like relatively nice and patient folks, I am inclined to believe them. If you look at the original Long Range Hunting thread posted by 7mmbuster, this pot has been going round and round and round ever since.
<br> As far as hunter unity (or shooter unity or whatever), if these guys are not wounding animals like they say they aren't, and if you haven't wounded anything, then what's the difference. Dead is dead. The antis are after all of us, whether it be you with that big ol .45-70, or one of those guys with a .300 Tomahawk. We are letting ourselves get seperated by our method of hunting. To keep on hunting, we will need to be united. Now, I agree, that if general public gets a whiff of people killing animals at 2000 yards, they probably aren't gonna like hunters very much. But then, they wouldn't like you sitting up in that treestand of yours wearing camo too much either. Nor would they like me sitting outside a cornfield waiting for meat to come out. To the general public, none of these is sporting per se, though we all know that this hunting is more challenging than it looks. That is why the unified front. That is why I am sick and tired of everybody (including LRH guys) getting down and dirty with one another. Best thing to do is let this all cool down.
<br> Look at my signature. That is from a song by Creed, but it certainly applies here. If we don't stand unified, they will take us all seperately. In the end, we will be unified. They will have taken all our guns, and all our ground for hunting. That will only be if we let them though. Remember that.

We may rise and fall, but in the end, we meet our fate together.