The latest versions of the Uberti 1873 (& 1866) lever guns have been updated in the area of firing pin extension retainer parts.
Earlier models ( I don't KNOW exactly when the update occurred) are potentially dangerous.
The firing pin extension at the area where the crosspin retains the firing pin extension to the bolt has been changed to incorporate an odd shaped wedge that eliminates the possibility of the assembly "coming apart" and subsequently allowing the firing pin extension to launch itself rearward into the shooter's face.
1866 rifles suffered the same problematic engineering.
Uberti fixed the problem in thier rifles, and I do believe that the updated parts will retro-fit into earlier Uberti '73s & '66s.
DON'T expect that these parts will fit or function in any other manufacturer's firearms.
If you are in doubt as to which series of parts your gun uses, study up and dismantle/ verify -or- take the gun to a knowledgable gunsmith and have it checked out.
DON'T let any one poo-poo this safety problem or talk you into disreguarding this warning. When I stated "potentially dangerous" I was not referring to "hot" or "Ruger only" loads, I am speaking of every day normal usage of the firearm with ANY ammunition what so ever.
Don't screw around, check it out and change it if it hasn't been performed already. Your safety is of everyone's utmost concern.