The plan was to hunt from the 26th of August to the 5th of Sept and if I could score a ram early, I would pursue moose until the 5th.

I setup my "spike" camp on a large hill we call Blueberry Hill and spot sheep from there with the spotter, if I thought they were worthy of a closer look I would go after them. On the second day I managed to spot what looked like a decent ram bedded on a remote dirt covered hill so off I went.

I had to go down a steep hill into a creek bottom and back up the other side. Once I got there I could no longer see the ram so I crept along the rolling hills until I got to a spot where I though he was located. I peeked over the top and he was still there, 280 yards away and sleeping like a baby. I gathered my spotter, camera, rangefinder and rifle to get a better look at him. He eventually woke up and got up to feed, he looked good through the binos but upon further review I didn't think he was legal curlwise so I let him go. The pics prove I made the right decision.
I watched him for quite some time until he fed around the side of the hill and disappeared. I also saw about a half dozen caribou and a couple of ewes but I didn't get any pictures of them.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead