We get up early, have some coffee and some breakfast then head out back to the drainage where we saw the big ram. While walking up the drainage we spot this ram, he looks close but I am determined to take the ram we spotted the day before.

[Linked Image]

Once we arrive to the spot where I had spotted him I decide i'm going to climb up to a plateau up to the left of where the ram was bedded, thinking he's got to be there either feeding or bedded. Joel stays down low to observe in case the ram tries to make an escape.

The terrain was quite steep and rocky and amde for some delicate walking, I never thought I would make it to the top so I decided to cut over to my right. As I was nearing the plateau I got down as low as I could, creeping higher and higher when I spot the ram, bedded not 50 yards from me. I try to find a good rest to shoot from when the ram gets up and runs another 50 yards then stops near a large boulder.

I manage to get a good rest and have the ram in my scope, crosshairs right behind the front shoulder. I squeeze the trigger and the ram drops out of sight. I could not believe how close I got to that ram, he literally had nowhere to go but up. Joel hears the shot and comes up to see if I had killed the ram. This is where he fell.
[Linked Image]

I was so excited that I had finally found a legal ram and was able to put him on the ground. Some photos from the ram and my friend Joel.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead