Originally Posted by IndyCA35
I'm curious why nobody has ever come out with a .270-308 (or .270 Creedmore, if there's a difference)? Why is everything 6.5mm or 7mm?

ask Mark Doberenski... he has talked about it IIRC... maybe call it the 6.8 DOBERmoor...

Originally Posted by IndyCA35

I can understand why the 6.5 Creedmore was 6.5. There were a lot of available match bullet choices in that caliber and the round was intended for High Power target shooting under NRA rules. But that shouldn't apply to hunting bullets where there are probably more good choices in.270.

i dunno about that... the .270 has made most of it's rep with the 130 bullet... there's a ton of .26s in the same weight range that'll do any and every thing that a .27 will...

at the end of the day, one cartridge does pretty much what the other will... there'll always be those who obsess over the most insignificant details, but even most of them i think, would prefer to simply use what they have more often...

i'm pretty fond of my small collection of hunting rifles and can find use for all of them... i do not, when hunting, worry about the rifle or the cartridge that i'm carrying... i pay attention to the wind, the sun, the game and how i'll use any opportunities given to me to take it...

"Chances Will Be Taken"