Myself, I love just about anything in a 6.5 bore...unless it is a Mag case, which I see as overkill...

I seem to walk off the beaten path anyway...

I am just happy with the 260, but am glad that the other rounds are on the market..

for hunting, I find more and more that I just use load data from the Hodgdon # 26 Manual, for all the pistol silhouette data, for the 6.5 IHSHa ( or whatever all those letters are)...

A piece of 22.250 brass once got mixed in with my brass for the 260.. and ended up with a 107 grain Matchking in it...I thought it looked pretty cool and efficient...

I have more fun at the load bench and going to the range and testing it out... than arguing 100 to 200 fps difference on line..

I've found the difference between 100 to 200 fps is usually adjusted with a couple of clicks on the old elevation knob and suddenly is a non issue...

Those load data info for the 6.5 IHSMA ( whatever) for the pistol guys, more than works well in a 22 inch rifle...for distances of 250 to 300 yds...

In fact, I am now leaning to spend my time and attention thinking a nifty hunting rifle would be with an 18 inch tube, heavy magnum contour, with a shortened stock by an inch or 1.5 inches...or even a varmint contour barrel in the 17 to 18 inch range..

chambered in a 260, or whatever.. as I really don't care as much as I handload...

but truth be known, where I hunt locally... a good old 30/30 would still suffice...

older I get, practical utility becomes more important to me than anything else..

what has impressed me most in the last year in the shooting dept wasn't some magazine article, or a new caliber, rifle etc...

it was a guy I met at our local range this summer, when they had the pistol silhouette matches this summer...from So Cal..

he told me he settled on the 6mm and 6.5 bore world... and goes out and shoots between 8,000 to 10,000 rounds a year..

lucky dog! That impressed me the most, to be able to have the finances and opportunity...I should live so long..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez