All those bullets are not interchangeable. Period. Some of them are quite suitable for hunting deer I will agree. I did not start using Bergers until I had plenty of good friends who tried them first, giving glowing accolades.

As far as BCs go, the Berger is best of that group. I have most experience with the SST of that group. I shoot a 6.5-284. I use a 130 Berger and 130 Norma Diamond Line. If you compare those listed bullets, the SST has a BC of .485, the Accubond, .488 and the Berger, .552.

My buddy just built a long range gun and was waiting on his scope, he had a 7 RUM built (Red Rock Precision) and his March scope hadn't come in. He decided to use his back up rifle for a bear hunt last week. His back up is a Tikka in 270 WSM. He loaded up some 150 Bergers. We went out and sighted in. 1/4 MOA @ 300 yds. We were both impressed.

He killed a bear last week that squares a little over 7'2" and had an estimated live weight of 500-550#. I don't remember what the girth taped right now.

He told me that he will never use anything but Berger bullets again. He, and those he was with, were that impressed.

I have shot antelope with the 129 SSTs as well as 150 SSTs. Contact damage was horrific if the range was too short. I ruined one cape on a shoulder shot. The Bergers have never blown up on contact before.

I have reasons for liking them. There is nothing short of a custom bullet more accurate and they killed medium game as well as anything made.

Would I take them on a coastal Brown bear hunt?? Not likely, I would expect my shots to be close and high BC the least of my concerns.

Here is Todd's bear

[Linked Image]

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.