I had a wife sometime back (note the past tense) who did and likely still does bear a strong commonality with some of the descriptions I've read here in this enormously entertaining thread. Altho this is likely obvious it must, I suppose, be pointed out that she was not much like Doc Encore. When the final moment came I moved from Washington to Wyoming, and oh was I an SOB for not mooning around the neighborhood weeping over my loss. "Burn in hell!!!" was her departing comment to me to which I replied "Well, I have been, but I'm leaving it now." and drove away. One of the few times I've been able to come up with a good snappy comment at the perfect time. Best day of my life.

About that time I'd gotten tired of being a carpenter, so in Wyoming I attended Nursing school (there's a real man job for ya) and two years later began working in the operating room as an RN. What's that like? You guessed it...out of 106 staff members in the department 99 of them are female. The opening shot of my current non-pussified war was fired six years ago and it's been raging ever since.

The management is always on me about things like "communication style" and "collective perception"; things I did not have to worry about while I was banging nails or commercial fishing in Southeast AK. When I've had enough of it I'll look them in the eye without blinking and state in a calm, cold tone that they do not have the right to attempt to feminize me so I can be more easily controlled. That sure pisses them off but who cares I've still got a job and it gets them to leave me alone for awhile.

Our society is very ill and the gender battle is but one of many symptoms. The house is on fire and the occupants are busily engaged in fighting over who gets to direct the stream of water from the hose instead of putting the fire out. The infecton is huge, all pervading, in just about every facet and crack of our day to day world. I don't know what's to be done about it other than stick to one's principles and ride it out as best as one can. That includes the purchase of long shelf life food and ammunition.

Si vis pacem para bellum