Originally Posted by fatjack34
UPDATE!
I couldn't resist. I got a pre-64 model 94 enroute chambered in....wait for it.....You guessed it, .32 Winchester Special!

I will be looking for born on date when it arrives!
Congrats. I have a pre-war 94 carbine in .32 Win Special myself. It's identical to the one I used to admire as a kid in the den of the father of a friend of mine. When I'd go to stay with them for a weekend, I'd love to go in there with my friend and handle that beautiful pre-war Winchester 94. His dad would just have it leaning on a piece of furniture or laying across his desk. He had a gun case filled (but for one empty spot) with lots of old classics (doubles, and such), but that 94 was always out. I guess he liked to handle it as much as I did.

When his dad died, many years later, I waited what I thought was an appropriate length of time, and asked him what happened to that rifle in the hopes of making an offer for it. He told me I was too late, that his mom already had it auctioned off. That's what I get for trying to wait a decent period of time after his death, out of respect, to inquire. Anyway, many years after that, I came across it's virtual double and immediately picked it up. Practically brand new in appearance, just like Mr. Brown's. Hell, for all I know, it's the very same gun.