Originally Posted by logcutter
Brad

If Dober will come on here and say he has seen personaly a sufficent number(by John Barsness standards) of Elk killed with the 270 Win and 110,120,130,135,140,150,160 bullets.............

I will publicly appologize..........

Jayco

Jayco-good to see you're still around, hope that lifes been good for you, it's sure good in my camp.

I haven't ever, nor would I ever suggest people use a round for game if I didn't feel/know it'd do well for them. And yeah this means that I've seen game (elk) taken with all those weights and yes it has been enough of them for me to feel comfy with it. I gotta tell you though, I'll use my method of measuring effectiveness and you can use yours as can JB.

So, I stand by what I say. A good .270 bullet of 110,120,130,140,150,160 will all and have all done very well for me and the people I've observed taking game with them.

As well, I know of a lot of elk each and every year taken by friends via the 25/06 and the 100,110,115,117, and 120's.

Bottom line, from my experience (and my resume is fairly good with the .270) I'm more than comfy with what I suggested. If you're not then Powder River let er buck and don't go there.

U have a good night there my friend.

Snowing like a big dawg here, and watching the OK-KS game.

Dober

Last edited by Mark R Dobrenski; 11/05/11.

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy