Originally Posted by hotsoup
So, has anyone chrono'ed a 150gr partition out of a 24" 270 win?

I get 2930 FPS from my Winchester M70 XTR with 24" barrel using a stiff load of Winchester's discontinued WMR powder, Winchester brass, WLR primer and the Sierra 150 gr. game King.. That same load does 2870 FPS from a 1951 stamped FN commercial Mauser Sporter. Another 1973 FN commercial sporter I have would do 2900 FPS with a stiff load of the old milsurp 4831 and the 150 gr. Nosler Partition.. I haven't tried the WMR load in that gun yet. All three rifles have been sub-MOA with 150 gr. bulleted loads.
The only one that has shot any 130 gr. bullets is the rifle I got in 1973. It was accurate with the 130 gr. Sierra Pro-hunter and Nosler Partition. Dunno the velocity as no chronographs back then. I switched to the heavier bullets as they didn't mess up as much good eating meat.
All I will say about WMR is it has been an excellent powder in my .270, and .300 Win. mags. What little I've tried in the .280 Rem. shows promise but it ain't worth a damn in the 30-06. confused
Anyway, those are my results with 150 gr. bullets in a 25" barreled .270.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE