Interesting about the 100-grain Sierra troubles. Perhaps they were designed for a higher velocity. I�ll look them up to see what velocity range they were intended for. I shoot the bulk Remington 100-grain bullets single shot and they appear to open up for me at 25-35 veloccities. I admit I am shooting new rifles and I blast right through published load data intended for older rifles.
Good to see a mention of Davis in this thread, he has several articles in the pre-WWII American Rifleman with at least one giving the 25-35 a good mention.

I prefer the 25-20 for our turkey shooting.

F. C. Ness gives good mention of the 25-35 and the 25 Remington in the book, Practical Dope on the Big Bores. A good bit of discussion on the various twists.
There is quite a bit of discussion of the 25 Remington and the 25-35 in the late 1930�s Rifleman articles and in the Dope Bag.

I had intended to mention the 100-grain Speer JHP came my attention from Ken Waters wrting. Waters gave a good recommendation to the bullet for use in the 250 Savage. The little hollow point performs well in the 25-35 too.

Last edited by william_iorg; 11/16/11.

Slim