Francis Sell reported no modifications to his Marlin rifle and no feeding issues. The Tomcat is a relatively minor �Improvement.�
I like the shape of the Bullberry cartridge.
I have extraction trouble with the standard 25-35 in the TC Contender using published load data. I figure the mild Improvement of the case will eliminate extraction trouble without serious case forming woes.
David is a good gunsmith and he can shoot a contender very well. He set up a 17 Ackley Hornet for my wife and it is a very accurate barrel for us.

There are days when I wish I had a heavier outfit than the 24� Contender with scope. I believe one or two pounds additional weight would help my shooting from field positions but I may wrong. If a guy had a Ruger No. 3 like our 7X57 friend, he might have an ideal walking around rifle. General Vernon MeGee had a Ruger No. 1 light rifle barreled for the 32 S&W Long cartridge and he thought he had a good light varmint rig for Central Texas.

In both the standard and the Improved 25-35 I cannot write enough words of praise for the 75-grain Sierra JHP bullet. This bullet is both accurate and a killer on coyote and feral dogs - this is sheep and goat country and dogs are a problem. The 75-grain Sierra will remain in a 40 lb critter and if it does not kill instantly, it will anchor them on the spot. Not all walking around shots are from ideal positions and time is important.
The 75-grain Hornady V-Max is another accurate and capable bullet. Greg Mushial recommended a load of 27.0 grains of Accurate Arms 2520 in the standard 25-35 and it worked well in my rifle too. This load giving 2,550 fps in the 24� barrel - with sticky extraction due to the Contenders extraction system. Less velocity but no extraction issues in the Model 94AE when loaded singly. The V-Max is tough enough to take on a Chow dog at 90 yards. Dogs with thick coats will defeat some varmint bullets and I am hesitant to move away from successful combinations.

I like the 75-grain Speer FN bullet in the 25-20. This is a good bullet that is not particularly fragile in the 25-20. The bullet will expand and penetrate at 25-20 velocities. How did you get a bucket full?

You are forming cases the cheapest way. The 7-30 Waters die is a good intermediate die. The 375 Winchester die is a good base sizing die and I use mine for the same purpose.
I have 219 Zipper and 219 Wasp form dies so I have other options.

Rimfire, I can tell you a 26� 30-30 is quite a bit of fun. I�ll bet your rifle is a quiet and fun rifle to carry and shoot. I�ll wager your load is nudging 2,350 fps.

Last edited by william_iorg; 12/15/11.

Slim