One of these days Jerry, when I get FULL blown Loonyism, I am going to get myself a 6.5BR smile

... maybe w/a Grape McSwirly like 257s rifle posted under the custom forum.

Got close once, logic stepped in - 7BR brass stamped made, and no custom priced dies......and it did whatever it was asked....although as a 7BR rifle, repeater at that, my M7 always made me think, WHAT IF it were 'KOOLER' and was a SIX point FIVE BR! Lol.

Later, Arne Brennan and another fellow did a 6.5 Grendel, now LBC-AR, another did a 264 RLB on a 6.8 case and of course NOW we have the Lapua 6.5-47 Lapua, running right w the 260, 6.5 SE, abd Creedmoor.

SOoooo, Jerry, I think searching for that 'Road less traveled' I will build a REAL Loony rifle someday, a 6.5BR and it may well be in a platform that is also on a less traveled road.

A few wanting KOOL are running 223s w/Barnes, or fast twist and Swift SSIIs or Amax's....and Kill just fine, just like others who stay on the interstate running 30-06s, etc.

Comments below are to anyone..

ALL roads usually lead to the same destination, it's the Journey that one gets the most satisfaction.

When comparing rounds......it's not a matter of who wins in a ballistics race.

What DOES matter, does it do what YOU want and need it to do. Applies to guns, scopes, etc. Does it work for YOU? Tis the ?

For hunting, that usually means quick clean kills.

MOST rounds w/proper bullets steered right, 'Get R Done!' as JB says...more or less wink

I just desire to get the job done w/minimal fuss or pain to my ears and shoulders. A 270 really is a pleasant round, as a 7/08, yet a 260 or similar 6.5 has a little more 'Pleasant Factor' when firing.

Reducing recoil, blast, and extending barrel life and component dollars does not have to = reduced effectiveness afield.

I analyze, crunch numbers, and research too and learn alot by it all, yet in the end Ballistics and Gack never killed a thing.

One only needs to look at the 6.5 Grendel forum to see what their 'Undersized capacity 6.5s' are killing, and how far wink