Originally Posted by Kcoyboy
realize a crossbow isnt a rifle but again am looking for 5 shots in 2 inches at 50 yds. can you benchrest them to determine true accuracy? They have diff graduations on the scopes what could be done at say 75 yds with a good bow? pie plates arent good enough for me. it would seem that some of those $ 2000 plus jobs would have decent accuracy ( do they) ??? one of them has a recocker powered by compressed air and go 400 fps with graphite limbs I believe. I would like one for coyote hunting out to say 80 yds is this possible?

2 inch groups at 50 yards are possible but not the norm. It is possible when rested at a bench but not when shooting freehand.

1 - Yes you can shoot from a bench to determine accuracy

2 - Yes you could sight in your Xbow to have one of the hashes in the scope set at 75 yards

3 - Every Xbow has good accuracy just as every bow has good accuracy. Some people have more skill than others so they shoot better. Also some people try to shoot further than the weapon is meant to shoot and that changes the entire game. A crossbow is not meant to shoot any further than a compound bow.

4 - Yes it is possible to hit a Coyote at 80 yards with a bolt from a crossbow. Is it recommended or would it be easy or even likely.......No it is not recommended nor would not be easy or likely to shoot a coyote at 80 yards with a crossbow.

Last edited by MarkFed; 11/21/11.

Enjoy the hunt while it lasts!