Originally Posted by SU35
A lot of people disagree with it because of the word "equal." While the performance of those two loads is very similar, and the difference may not be seen by watching the animal die, they are not equal.
Oh but your are so wrong on this point. You only mentioned part of my statement. I said "equal in field performance".

I did not miss the "field performance" part of your statement, and I agree with you that field performance is practically equal for all intents and purposes. You'll get no argument from me about that. My point was that people who love and prefer the 270, who number not a few, will always claim their choice is better because of that few fps more velocity, and few grains more weight, and few thousandths more diameter. That is why they/we continue to argue the point. It's what people with preferences do. Everybody tends to defend their personal choices. The neighbor kid never ever misses a chance to tell me how his choice of broadhead is better than mine and everyone else's, even though I have outright stated to him on more than one occasion that I don't like his frickin' broadheads. I do this because the boy needs to start thinking for himself a bit instead of following the old lines of BS that typify the opinions of his misguided forbearers. But it's a losing battle because he continually chooses the false security of the old-line BS to that of real life experience and critical thought.

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.