Fellows - I have a verbal agreement to buy a 6.5X55 BUT I'm telling you all this DRIVEL about their superiority is about to make me CHANGE MY MIND.

After a few knowledgable sources posted y'all left the 6.5 for hunting thread and started this one on BC. ? Wonder Why ?

Even You Ramblin Razorback said "that the 260 catches the 270 Win at 650 YARDS". Well it takes it long enough.

I intend to go thru with the purchase AND next yr. I will post some REAL hunting scenario COMPARISONS. I'm hunting now and will be prepping to move in the Spring and don't have time even to use my Pressure Trace equip.

There are TWO known facts ALREADY. The 270 generates more energy thru realistic hunting ranges. What PERCENTAGE of hunters shoot & kill game past 400-500 yds? A very few do and if they're competent, I have no problem. The VAST MAJORITY of hunters don't and don't attempt.

The 277 HAS a larger wound channel than a 264. It starts larger and with HUNTING (not target) bullets of comparable construction it expands larger. I'm NOT saying the 6.5s are inadequate at all BUT I'm convinced they are NOT superior.
BTW I like cheese on my bergers! grin whistle

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!