Rick was too nice to say it on another thread, so I thought it would be a good idea to take my opinions and start another thread before I started a stock/gun making Jihad on this board. [Linked Image]
<br>
<br>What is your favorite wood for a custom stock and how do you like it finished? Is there a favorite checkering style you prefer?
<br>How about details like grip caps, tips, recoil pads, inlays, etc... do you like embellishment or just simple, straightforward lines? Glossy finish like the brownings or satin finish like the Weatherbys?
<br>
<br>How about your rifle work? Do you like engraving, half octagon, half round barrels, gloss blue or soft blue? Bead blasted finish?
<br>Do you prefer the style as depicted in the David Miller example in Rick's thread or something more subdued?
<br>
<br>Just trying to get some input going on what is interesting to each of us. Don't be shy, step up and let us have it. You can even go ahead and give me heck for my opinions, if it will make you feel better. You wouldn't be the first! [Linked Image]- Sheister

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.