Originally Posted by shootem
For anybody that hasn't figured it out, THE strength of LSU is that they are as good at the end of the 4th Qtr as they were at the beginning of the 1st. It's like putting a 2-stroke up against a CAT diesel. They just keep digging.

Yep. They have the depth in their roster to last. It's usually sometime in the third Qtr that LSU starts to open up a lead over those teams good enough to give them some competition. Georgia was a good example of that.

OkieSt and LSU would have been a good watch. I have no doubt State would have scored points. Have no idea how they would fare by late 3d. I do know Alabama held up through 4, BUT had all the football they cared to play that day.

Having watched OSU this year, their defense is impressive in that they stay in the game. They don't have a dominant defense, and they will give up yards and points both. But they manage to disrupt play enough, and they are relentless on creating turnovers. Now whether they would stay in it for four Qtr's against LSU is a question though. But I haven't seen them give up or sucking wind in any of the games I watched where they had to stretch. Those four RB's of LSU spelling each other and Jefferson would certainly be a challenging task for them.

One negative we may see next year; with all the talk about rankings based on score, you may not see many winning teams taking a knee late in the 4th inside the red. Those extra touchdowns start to take on a new value when the BCS points get as close as they were this year.

I don't care personally, if a team runs up the score. If sports fans and players can't stand the thought of losing, they just need to get over it, and the losing team needs to learn from the schooling they get to improve from it.

Last edited by Gringo Loco; 12/05/11. Reason: typo