Originally Posted by SU35
How much of a payout will the whole SEC conference get $$$ wise?

Especially with two teams in the BCS championship.

Seems like a substantial amount if I remember correctly. Those SEC presidents have got be licking their chops. Did politics push the matchup?

I want LSU to win but would love to see Alabama win by a score of 9-6. smile

Wish OK State was going I think it would have been a better game.

The more participants in prestigious bowl games a conference has, the more money it gets. This year, the BCS National Championship game payout is slated at $21.2 million per team. If the BCS sticks to precedent and pays each team, rather than combining the share into a smaller lump sum, the SEC will walk away with more than $42 million.

The SEC divides it's BCS money evenly between all 12 schools in the conference with teams that play in the BCS getting extra to cover expenses related to going to the bowl etc...

I know in 2007 when LSU went after they paid the bonuses related to winning the title to the coach, and assistants, travel expenses etc...they basically came out even. By that I mean they used up the extra expenses given to a team in the BCS title game, or about the same as the other schools who did not participate or close to it.

Here is what happens to a school that isn't a big football school for comparison.

Last year, for example, the Big East Champion UConn Huskies ended up losing money on their trip to the Fiesta Bowl, despite the game�s $17 million payout. How? The smallish school had to absorb the cost of 17,000 unsold Fiesta Bowl tickets as well as the cost of transporting and housing football players, cheerleaders, and marching band members from Connecticut to Tempe, Ariz. over a busy holiday weekend. After the Big East divided up the Fiesta Bowl payout, the Huskies only received approximately $2.5 million.

Otto is my co-pilot.