We killed a lot of deer and antelope with the 6mm rem with a 95g Partition out to 400 yards, really can't say enough good about the bullet. Sure will make you scratch your head and wonder if you would ever want to shoot a 30/06 or 7 Mag again, and I love 7 Mags. The 95g Partition is capable of some fine accuracy inspite of some of the bad reputations that you may have heard of partitions not being accurate. I found better accuracy with the 95g vs the 100g.

We killed many deer at 300-325 range an none of them ever went over 20 yards. We of course practiced at to a distance of 550 yards on a regular basis and had our target knobs marked to those distances in 50 yard increments.

375 yards is not that far at all with a good scope and rifle that is top grade. You also should not over look the lowly 100g Hornady BTSP that is a fantastic bullet on deer and hogs.

I have had two 6mm AI's and killed deer with the Nosler 70g Ballictic tip, and all the deer never took a step. With so little recoil and the pin point accuracy of the rifle, there is really no challenge till you get out beyond 550 yards.

I really see no need in using some fancy VLD target bullet at to 375 yards unless you would just like to shoot deer with various bullets to see the effect. Deer are not hard to kill, just place your shot, or do not take the shot.

I would sure not recommend the 100g Sierra BTSP because it does shed it's jacket very quickly, in my experience.

Family has killed several deer with the 85g Barnes Tripple shock, but till you have killed 20 or so head, I really think the jury is still out...since we all have had such fantastic luck with the 95g Partition and the 100g Hornady BTSP.

I have a friend that shoots the 80g Sierra Blitz bT with R#19 at 3800 fps(1-14 twist, 26" barrel)in the 6mm AI, and I would expect the 80g Barnes Tipped tripple shock to be in the neighborhood of 3600 fps+ depending on your rifle and the load it likes.

The 1-10 will stabalize the 95g partition and the 80& 85g tripple shock bullets. Barnes tripple shocks seem to be taking the country with good shooters back here in 22/250's, 243's, 308, and 7 Mags. What is wierd about the Barnes bullets is that they leave little blood trail, but the internals on the deer can not be distinguished.

Since you are hunting over fields, get the longest barrel you can stand...free velocity...you can always cut it off later if you are so inclined.

hope this helps and good luck!