I have taken a bit of a different track with shooting my 444. I have had it for a few years and have used it not for deer but for Bear. 4 so far and all four DRT.
This year I started swaging my own bullets and the 444 is a natural to swage either 265 grain or .245 grain. The best though are buying 315 hard cast or cold water dropped and then swagged with a HP punch. Using slower velocities with the soft lead ensures accuracy and with the HP huge expansion. With the hard cast and the HP I can use higher velocity and ensure a slug that will drive through front to back or all the way through on a broadside leaving a huge hole.
I am trying to figure out how to shoot into clay blocks to measure the cavity but so far the clay has splattered. I think I need to make a shooting tunnel to contain the effect.
All in all the .444 can deliver plenty of velocity or huge momentum at slower velocities and now with the swagged bullets I can go clear up to .350 grain bullets once I start making my own copper jackets. Talk about a powerhouse.
Frank