Guys,

I could care less about a 35 Whelen.. especially after I got a 338/06 rebore on a Model 70...

but what I see here is a young man, serving our country in a hostile place, a zillion miles from home...

and what I see is an opportunity to show some appreciation by the many good folks on the forum that support our troops, especially those in harms way...

What I'd like to propose, is a fund for our young E 5 here, and have a present waiting for him when he returns home to Alaska...

I propose we pick up the tab for a new barrel in 35 Whelen to put on an action of his choice...

if he likes a Savage or Marlin Action, that would be all the easier....

I myself will start the ball rolling, and commit to $20 toward the cost of a new 35 Whelen barrel to be ordered and ready for what this young man returns home...

So whoever wants in on this project, contact me by PM...

anyone who wants to be lead on this, feel free to chime in... or I'll volunteer if no one else wants the job...

All we need from Matt here, is the specs he'd desire on his rifle barrel...

serving our country a million miles away from home and family... we'll he has more than paid for his share of this...like everyone of those boys over there that have put their lives on the line, in a hostile environment...

and Happy Safe New Year to you and all the other guys over there serving our nation Matt!

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez