I guess Mr. gnoahh just cannot see my point, your lungs are just like your eyes. One pair to a customer and no replacements, it just makes no sense to gamble with one's health. No matter the lack of noxious odors, mild strength of acid, etc.,etc.. I hope the other forum members take my advice here, quality rubber gloves (not surgical gloves), adequate ventilation and a respirator capable of protecting you lungs from the fine particles (iron oxide and chemical residue) produced during the carding process. Whatever rust blue solution you choose to use, get a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) from the manufacturer. These are available at no charge, sometimes on-line, they provide full disclosure (except propriety property of the manufacturer)of the chemicals you are dealing with and the precautions necessary in doing so. Other valuable knowledge consained therin are, handling spills, fire precautions and disposing of waste material and containers. All thing you will want to know to stay safe. This is a fun, safe hobby I am not trying to scare anyone. Just want to make everyone aware of the potential hazards and how to arm yourself with the knowledge to work safely.

Last edited by gunswizard; 01/07/12.