Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
That's good shootin, if this little 22lr (wood blue)will shoot 1/2" 5 shot groups at 50yds with good ammo I will be well pleased and not even consider the aftermarket barrel, as I remember the triggers on these things were awful back in the day has Ruger addressed this any in the last 15 years?

VA,

I have found the same things that help accruacy in the Ruger m77 cetnerfires to also help in the rimfires

1)Free float the barrel.

2)At least Skim bed the action.

3)Do a trigger job.

Most Rugers can be tweeked to average about dime sizes(5/8") groups with good ammo at 50 yards.I have found them to shoot about like the Marlin 22lr bolt guns. On average. I do not believe the Ruger 22LR rifles to be quite as accurate as the CZ m452s.

Getting them down under 1/2" is tricky in my experience. Unless you want match grade accuracy, I don;t think you will need to go to a Green Mountain barrel if you set the rifle u to give the tube a chance..

Good luck and keep us all posted. wink

Last edited by jim62; 01/11/12.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt