HB -

Tackdriver, probably not. "pretty good" .. well, other than a couple of the varmint verions in .22 hornet, mine have been plenty good for what I bought them for.

.22 LR: std ss/plastic stock, about 3/4 of an inch at 50 yards, varminter, about 1.25" at 100 yards.

.22 mag: std ss/plastic stock, about 1.25 inches at 100 yards

.17 HMR: varminter ... 3/8" at 50 yards, 3/4" at 100 yards with all ammo tried.

.22 hornet: 2 varminters, both would cut the case heads off in the chamber (case head separation, in other words) with factory ammo about 10% of the time and with once fired cases at least half the time. I "ash canned" both of those, sold them to guys who were going to rebarrel or have the barrel set back and rechambered to K hornet.

In years past (too far past, I'm afraid) Volquartsen offered a gold colored version of the TiN plated sear. Those were slicker than snot on a doorknob. The newer clear or unplated version of their sear is better than factory but nowhere near as good as the gold colored version.

My favorite trigger is the factory trigger, clean up the trigger itself by polishing out rough spots where it meets the sear, and aftermarket sear, and a lighter spring.

I used one by, I think, Dayton Traister which was ok but no better than a modified factory trig / aftermarket sear.

I also have a 1 LB Jard trigger. That is an AD-ing SOB. It will hang long enough to get the bolt partway closed, then drop the sear and fire the shot towards somewhere hopefully safe before you're ready. I replaced the spring with a 1.5 LB spring which was better, cut the AD rate down to maybe 10% (!!!!) but I was still not happy with it.

I sold the .22 ss/plastic stock rifle out from under that Jard trigger which is in a box somewhere in my junk I guess. My only current "77/22" is really a 77/17 HMR. As I indicated above, I'm using the factory trigger, polished a little, and a slightly modified aftermarket sear. It ain't great as triggers go (I'm spoiled by Jewell HVRs in Remingtons) but it gets the job done I guess.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...