Today I got My new 77/22 to the range with a few different mid priced ammo's to see how she shoots. First off going by My last 3 or 4 77/22 rifles I didn't have high expectations at all for this new one, I thought I would probably need a new barrel or at least some trigger work done to make the rifle even a decent shooter. Boy was I wrong on that! I got this thing to the range today under some not so great conditions (15 Mph wind gusts with at least a steady 5 mph wind) actually the condition's were pretty chitty for shooting tight groups, I had already thoroughly cleaned the rifle when I first got it so all I did was start feeding it the cheaper Ammo I had to get the scope right, three shots at 25 yds had me close so I moved the target back to 50 Yds and staying with the same cheap ammo (Aguila Golden Eagle $4.95 Per Bx.)I commenced to shooting some 5 shot groups, the first group measured less than 1/2", I was pleasantly surprised but still not convinced until I shot two more 5 shot groups with the same results! Then I tried Federal premium HV Match, Wolf Match extra and got the best groups (3/10") with RWS Rifle match. This 77/22 shot every ammo I tried in 1/2" or less 5 shot groups under not so good conditions, I was not expecting these accuracy results and am stunned. The rifle seemed to cycle a little rough for the first 30 rounds or so but is now much slicker. The trigger while not as bad as I remember My old 77/22's to be is still a touch too heavy for My taste and will need to be addressed, overall I am very pleased with this extremely well built Ruger 77/22 rimfire, it is already one of the top 5 most accurate 22 lr's out of the 40 or so new rimfires I have owned over the past 25 years and I've not even tried any high end ammo yet...........Hb