Just got back from a couple of days hunting pheasant on public land in eastern Colorado. Eastern Colorado isn't known for being a dream location for pheasant by any stretch of the imagination. Sometimes, seeing birds close enough to determine hens from roosters can be a challenge. Getting something to flush within gun range is even tougher.

Usually, it's my brother and I walking fields. Getting birds with two guys and no dog is tough in this pheasant paradise.

My brother and I came across a guy with a 10 month French Brittany pup. We hunted a half mile square field of 2-3 inch sparse wheat stubble. That dog found and pointed a couple of hens where I would've bet money nothing was there. I was very impressed with the dog. The owner says he works like crazy but wasn't a spaz at home.

I've been looking for a new hunting dog afer my German Shorthair died. I like the GSP, but it was too big for my taste.

Anyone else have any experience with the French Brittany?

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10