Originally Posted by SwampCritter
Lived in London for 4 months .... did daily afternoon trips exploring the city...All of the above are great Ideas... most all the museums are free or a least were when I was there.... neat little place I found while walking one day.... Churchill war room... Near westminister's Abby... underground bunker comlex where churchill waged the battle of britian from... really neat.....imperial war museum....Greenwich is a neat little trip...naval maratime muesum/ Cutty Sark... Reagents park if the weather is nice, unbelievable gardens..... Cambridge/Oxford/ Bath all neat trips that can be done in a day via commuter train..... ST Pauls... neat to see inside...was in therre one afternoon an listened to the boys choir... really cool even though its not my cup of tea ... the clink prison museum along the river near the battleship... midevil torture stuff ... very interesting.... so much to see and do in that city.... after I saw the big stuff I would just get on the tube and go to different places.... not a bad way to visit either... horseguards park- the queens guard does daily shows, interesting to watch.... dont miss out on any chance to drop in local Pubs and get a pint... most have local brews... hope it helps

Damn! I wish I had known of the Churchill bunker! I would really like to have trod where the great man did...

Maybe on my next visit. Great info on this thread!

John