It's been a while but as I recall , one floor of the London Airport is set-up to help visitors . They asked my price range and recommended a Hotel within walking distance to Harrods Department Store and even made the Hotel Reservation. Harrods was an interesting store including food , cars , everything . The rain in March got me very wet even with a Raincoat & umbrella on long walks . Hotel was clean , very small rooms , very old fashioned , but I could walk to a lot of Museums . The sandwich Shops on every street in London were surprisingly good . Went to Purdys and Holland & Holland but was kind of surprised at the small quantity of Firearms on hand ( this was quite a few years ago ). On the ride from the Airport to the Hotel , I made contact with a great Cabbie and got his Phone Number . Later , he took me and another Hotel Guest on a Camera Tour of London ( we split the cost ). That was really worth while as he put us in position to take some great pictures . In Paris I liked the Louvre ....my favorite was not a painting , but a statue at the head of some stairs ..." winged Victory at Samothrace " as I recall . Napoleons Tomb , Notre Dame and the Ecolle Militaire were interesting . I was well treated in both London and Paris . You could not pay me enough to drive on the left in England ! Loved the speed limit on A-6 in France , but got lost a few times . Brings back some nice old memories . PS : if you go where there are large numbers of people like Pompedue ( sp? ) Plaza ( all sorts of free entertainment from Jazz Singers to belly-dancers ) in Paris watch out for pickpockets .... I was lucky as I had mine in my shirt pocket as I got tusseled around by a group and was " padded down " as I was off-balance .

Last edited by boy1; 01/24/12.