Update: I've had it out to the range a few times now trying to nail down the perfect load with the 130 VLD's. Finally found it today!

It was kind of erratic the last time I took the Kimber out, running 2-2.5" groups on average, I was running at max loads (and a little over) trying to get the most speed out of it I could. I found that my hold on the rifle had a large impact on accuracy, too. This lightweight likes to be snugged up on.

Anyway, backed the load down for today's outing to 43.5 grains of H4350 behind a 130 VLD in Lapua brass and got groups measuring right at 0.5" at 100 yards. There were three groups, so I'm satisfied it's not a fluke. Chronograph showed 10 FPS standard deviation. 2820 FPS 12 ft from the muzzle. Perfect. I realize now that my upper end loads were pushing pressure limits and were most likely somewhat over, and that thin barrels like this can sometimes be picky. 43.5 grains seems to be the sweet spot for this bullet in my rifle.

Happy as can be, and the 140 grain load still shot as well as it did every outing, Chrony showed 2710 FPS average with 42.7 grains H4350, so I picked up about 15 FPS with the Kimber over my old Savage. Great!

This thing keeps it up and I'm gonna end up buying a WSM Montana to keep it company.

If 2nd amendment rights can be subject to licensing and fees, how was the poll tax unconstitutional?