Originally Posted by JMR40
The first thing I did was replace that god awful stock with an Edge. Lost a half pound on my 308 and the gun balances and carries much better. I cannot tell any difference between the long and short action stocks.

The B&C stock is a step up over most plastic factory stocks, but still not a good stock in my opinion. Too heavy and chunky for a standard weight hunting rifle. They are about right on a varmit or tactical rig where you want a little heft. I'd say they are an improvement over a HS stock, and sell for a lot less. If you've been using a HS I can see where you'd think it is a better stock.

JMR40, we're going to have to disagree on a couple of things. I have 4 B&C Medalists, and I have 4 HS Precision stocks. Every one of my HS stocks are heavier than every Medalist I own. Having said that, the HS stocks are HANDS DOWN better quality stocks. They're more rigid, more stable, more everything (including more weight). I'm also not understanding this claim that the EW stock is big and clunky. I'm wondering just how many rifles some of you have had your hands on, but the stock on the EW that I just got isn't remotely big or clunky??

Chris