Originally Posted by Salmonella
Thanks Keith.
You know, I've defended California's avid sportsmen for a long time, much to the monotony of many here.
I wake up, drive to work, come home to my mountain home and really don't submerge myself in the liberal, treehuggin bullsh*t that pours out of California's liberal urban cesspools.
This uproar really pissed me off....badly.

I love where I live and the hunting and fishing that I'm so fortunate to have at my doorstep.

When I read those comments, and they are in every major newspaper in this state, my blood just boils.
I could truly throw in the [bleep] towel right now, this whole debacle just makes me sick to my stomach.
I'm getting a serious desire to dump this place ASAP., only it ain't that easy.
I'll have enough time on the books in August to retire.
My wife is just so attached to family here that I'm not sure I could convince her to leave.
One of my best friends moved to Western Montana a few years ago and urges me to go.
He is a hunting & trapping fool that most here couldn't compete with, so he tells me that even though I'm a Californian I'd fit in too.
I apologize to all those that have been right about this place all along.
I'll be trying to cling to my roots until the time is right.

You are a bunch of good folks and I hope I can be welcome as a neighbor some day.

Stand and fight, leaving does nothing as they will be everywhere eventually, and frankly already are, just in different numbers.