This past weekend was my first match with the new NXS scope.

The wind was tricky, coming in from an unusual direction for Bayou, west by northwest. My boresighting job was good enough to get on the target at 1000 yards right away and then I spent a few more sighters to get dialed in more accurately. I started out at 42X, but backed it out to 35X so that I could monitor the targets on either side of mine. At first I had a bit of problem getting my head set properly, but by match 3, it was very natural.

I did encounter an issue during match #2, were my left eye went batty, the eyelids were fluttering uncontrollably and I was getting very frustrated. I lost 5 points in two shots, trying to continue shooting. I paused for a few minutes and then resumed shooting without further eyelid crazyness. It was strange.

On match #3, the mirage was moving but I got a good bead on it. I finally set the elevation down properly midway through the string and from that point on all I needed to do was dope the wind. I finished quite strong even though I shot a lone 7 when the rifle was not at my shoulder; it fired back into my shoulder and I got a 7 straight at 9 o'clock. My fault.

I like the scope, it is extremely clear and I like the ease of focus even though you should always adjust it going back to zero and working up to your focus point. I like the NP-2DD reticle, and I am learning it.

Money well spent, I think.