At the request from another member, I wanted to post a few pictures on the Mystery Ranch G5000 that arrived this past Monday 3/5. For purposes of only size and not a G5000 vs the 6500, I've stuffed both packs with blankets. They are not loaded to the absolute stitch popping limits.

My reason for purchasing the G5000 was for a Rainer summit next year with my daughter. Wanting to save a few pounds, I elected to not use the 6500. With the spring athletic season starting Monday, I haven't had the chance to take it for a spin. Below are some general photos of the pack.

Traditional top load design with dual draw chords, 2 ice axe loops and center daisy chain. The top lid in the G5000 has a waist belt integrated into it while the 6500 day pack has the traditional shoulder straps. In time, I may eliminate the waist belt to save a few ounces.
[Linked Image]
Maybe it is my OCD, but my biggest bitch with MR is the excessively long straps without providing web keepers. The G5000's side compression straps are slightly different.
[Linked Image]
This view shows the main difference in pack sizes with the girth and frame size in 6500 is clearly larger.
[Linked Image]
As I went back and forth between the Glacier and G5000, the one item that was mentioned was the lumbar pad in the G5000. The lumbar pad in the G5000 was described as more plush than other packs. For me the jury is still out as I haven't had the chance to put the pack to work.
[Linked Image]

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Cuius est solum, eius est usque ad caelum et ad inferos