As a big game hunting pack, there is no contest, IMO and the NICE system is the best for that use that I have ever tried/owned. The 6500 and 7500 bags on the NICE frame are simply superb and I can carry more weight in comfort with them, than any other pack I have used.

They ARE needlessly heavy for hiking/climbing and the G-series packs and McHales are better in that regard. so, I would choose between them based on what my major uses are going to be.

I just sold my MR BDSB, the forerunner of the Kodiak and my minty Dana-Bozeman Astralplane as I never used them as I have two complete NICE systems. Mine are the 6500 and the Wolf Alpha pack bag which are my choice as "most useful" for a hunter of my age. I would get a 7500 bag, unavailable when I bought my 6500 for the best possible combo, if I were younger and more inclined to longer trips alone than I am now.

MR packs are the best available and the customer service is simply outstanding. I have had about a dozen packs from Dana-MR and they were all simply outstanding.