Originally Posted by olhippie
...I have two Kimber 22s. One is a Kimber of Oregon model 82. It shoots 1/4"-3/8" groups when using wolf or Remington Club Extra ,on a calm day. My other Kimber is a newer Yonker's NY "Hunter" model . It will shoot the same ammo into 1/2-5/8" groups on it's best days. I love both rifles, but have a Remington 541 that will match thier accuracy, and a CZ 452 that Will as well.I also have a Norinco model 522that will do as well as the Kimber model 82, but is a heavier barreled gun, and not much fun to carry hunting. I also have a CZ 452 "Varmit" in .17m2 caliber that will drive tacks at fifty yards with Eley match ammo (No Wind is tolerated!)..I have two auto loaders that will shoot one hole groups at fifty yards with the right load and conditions. TC R-55 "Classic" that has punched 5/8" groups with blazer bulk amo! (I haven't had it long enough to go through extensive ammo testing.), and a HK Model 270 that has the best trigger on an auto loader I've ever found .Rimfires are my favorite rifles! So much fun because you can shoot to your hearts content!

I have the CZ HM2 Varmint as well with a Nikon 6-18x side focus Buckmasters, it likes the Remington Premium made by Eley (the Eley "match". The first time I was doing a field ranging test to check zero at 85 yards I shot the second shot and thought I had missed the foot wide paper I had up. I went down to the target and could see the tiniest feathered edge indicating the second shot went right in the first hole. I was pretty tickled to say the least.

I went backwards ordering ammo though, I got the ammo when I saw a special of $3.55 a box on either the Eley or the Remington premium before I even had the rifle, I got 1500 Remingtons and 3500 of the Eley. The Eley will hold in around 1/2 to 5/8ths or so and the Remingtons shoot a fair bit tighter.

Sorry about ripping into the Kimber thread, saw someone with the same rifle I have. grin

The major difference between belief and fact is those who believe something have come to a conclusion no facts will contradict. Well informed people are open to new facts that oppose their beliefs. That also defines an open and closed mind.