boatanchor, nice set up for sure. Up my way with the guys I hunt chucks with we're still in the redneck stages I guess. We hunt chucks without benchs, or sleds. We still do the Harris, sticks, each others backs. This is the deal 2 guys on a hill side or field edge a couple lawn chairs and a pair of 20x's and 10x's. We take turns on shots. One ol boy did a chuck at 700 off hood of truck and rolled up coat with his 25.06. your set up makes a big difference in distance for sure. We've got a 1000yd.club that my rifle smith/builder plays a big part in. I've seen groups at 1000 on targets and steel and feel 1000yds. is hard shootin stuff. Up here a G-hog is about 16-18" high and about 8-10" wide which leaves plenty of MISS. Out in the western states shootin puppies is harder yet after 500yds. or so. Two of my gang have the dots set for vel. and bullets, but I'm stll a plex guy and do the hold over task. I shoot from the X and from the plex. I've shot at varis distances and learn from mistakes. SOOOO for me to do a 500yd'er+ with a 55gr.bt. from a swift is IMO very good. After I get time in with my high BC .264 6.5 140gr. Creedmoor we'll get back to this topic of How Far? If I ever get a chuck at 1000yds. it'll hit the News Paper. Again nice set up and nice equipment. What caliber is your rifle and wt. bullet? Hold onto your hat I'm not a bad guy.....later