All said and done, with plane tickets and shipping of trophies back home, I will have about 8 grand into this. I stumbled across a stag and boar hunt for $3450, plus trophy fees for any other animals I desire (which in this case is blackbuck and fallow deer). I am going with an outfit who a friend went with a couple years ago and really liked. Be smart about things, like get European mounts instead of full shoulder mounts and don't get hung up on "expensive" critters and these trips are less than a guy would think. A passport and airline approved gun case would be needed as well, but I already have those so those are not an expense this time.

For instance, I am not shooting an axis deer because they are 2 grand plus, and their antlers are not real special (I do like their coats though). Same reason I didn't shoot a nyala in Africa. The "money to horn" ratio isn't good. If a particular critter floats your boat, fine, but don't go crazy with several "expensive" critters.

As awesome as Alaskan moose antlers are, the trophy fee alone is way more than this entire trip.