Some of those Canadian whitetails are blockbusters,for sure....but not really enough bigger to justify some of the armament I have seen brought up there to chase them.. shocked

I always liked the Partition as a blend of good expansion and reliable penetration from any reasonable angle.Anyone who thinks they can't be used very successfully to 500-600 yards is sniffing white powder.

My last whitetail up there came blasting from a willow swamp at dark across an open field,catching me completely flat-footed....he was quite a sight with that big rack,blowing steam and plowing snow.....a 270 and 130 Partition had sufficient brick wall effect,and he never twitched, killed in mid stride.

I used an Accubond on my biggest-bodied deer ever up there;it did OK but quit where a Nosler Partition would have kept trucking.They might be good but I'll take the Partition myself any day.

Big Canadian whitetails tend to be nocturnal,show unexpectedly and don't dally in open areas, always intent on eating ground.Unless you luck out,there is not a lot of time for shots;consequently I like something with a flat trajectory allowing point blank holds to 300 yards.You will likely not have a chance to be very deliberate,and employ your LRF,which should be done before anything shows.A 165 gr bullet from a 30/06 started 2900 fps,zeroed properly, is only down about 5" at 300 yards;about 16" at 400,but most chances will come under that....you have time to aim and shoot...not always but often enough.

With big Canadian whitetails, you snooze, you lose.

Last edited by BobinNH; 04/07/12.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.