Kelley,

I also would like to see some information on how those old BP primers compared to the modern ones we have today. i do not believe they where hotter, what with technology as we have it today and all of the primer makers claiming there primers to be hotter than Brand x, I believe that almost if not all primers today are hotter than 125 years ago. But some data would be needed to draw any type of real comparission. Until then we can all just speculate. I say cooler you say hotter a never ending discussion.

One reason I do believe that primers back then where in fact cooler than todays offerings is every single time I have used Large Rifle primers with any Swiss load I have had really bad fouling problems, return to pistol primers and right away the fouling goes away. Now that would be correct only if those primers of old where in fact cooler, if they are hotter as you think Kelley then my theory is pretty much sucking hind teat.

Gunny

Protected people will never be able to understand the intensity life "can" be lived at. To do that you must complettly and totally understand the meaning of the word "DUCK"