Originally Posted by zr800
Thanks Grasshoper. That explains alot.
Do you think it may be worth $500? It has some light dings in the stock and the bluing has some wear on the bbl on top by rear sight and at the muzzle, other than that I would say the Bore is Clean,Bolt looks good & not much slop, bottom plate isn't "bowing' down. Thanks. Paul

Paul,

As far as I know, the .243 is more desirable than the .308. I think, IIRC, I paid $450 for both my .308's 2-5 yrs ago. (I can't really remember when I bought them...) As I said, one has been bored to .338 Fed, and the other is soon to be bored to .358 Win... smile (Far be if from me to leave anything alone...)

If you get it and still need sights, I'm sure I can come up with a set. I'm not so sure that they are not the same as Remington M-700 sights... I take them off most of mine, and likely it will be easy to come up with a set... smile My 61 yr. old eyes just arent' friendly with iron sights any more.... blush

GH

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"