Originally Posted by burner
You can get the proper regulators at an RV store.

IIRC, most RVs are something like either 10, 18, or 20 PSI regulated at the bottle for the internal system (i.e. any heaters or inside stoves - the main regulator steps down from bottle pressure to one of those PSI numbers depending on size of camper, manufacturer, number of appliances, etc.)

You will need to find out what your stove takes as far as inlet pressure and step down to the appropriate amount.

Most gas grill regulators come from bottle pressure (@ 250psi) to about 7-11" water column (roughly 1.7-2.5 psi).

Thanks for the info! I'll do a little more digging as I thought the regulator at the tanks was dropping it down to final pressure (under 1psi as you mentioned), that's why I thought I could go direct from the quick connect hose to the stove with no additional regulator. Note, 27.7" water column = 1psi. So does each appliance then have it's own regulator to drop down to final pressure?

I found a little info on some RV'ing sites that have mentioned doing what I'm thinking, but they talked about getting the fittings made at a propane "store" and they did not use an additional regulator.

Originally Posted by M99ER
If your 2 burner stove has a regulator for a 1# bottle, just get the bulk tank adaptor...

I don't really want to come directly off the tanks as I already have a hose with a quick connect fitting on the side of the trailer that is run from the tanks, but I may have to.