Al,

Thanks for that story. We definitely covered some of the same ground growing up. If you have the old barrel maybe you could put her back together in her previous glory and relive the old days again. If not, maybe you could find a different original Arisaka barrel to put on it, maybe one in better condition than the original. I think the ammo back in the days of the old Arisaka was corrosive, hence the condition of the original bores.

It never occurred to me to have it rebarreled. Guess I sort-of discounted the action as a sporter due to the safety being rather difficult to operate, and almost impossible with a scope on-board. Then there is tha matter of the military trigger. I think I remember reading that in tests of strength of different rifle actions performed by PO Ackley that he was never able to actually blow up an Arisaka action. Different people consider it one of the, if not THE strongest rifle action ever made.

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.