RinB, I suppose hunting Jackalopes one could use more FOV, some perhaps even irons. Did not know that the FOV changed in the 6x's but interesting.

JB, read long ago about that 'bou' you shot w/Lyman. Great shot. No doubt as a teen I picked off birds using OEM irons at 100 yds....somehow we tend to shoot surprisingly well when we practice alot w/what is in hand when a shot presents. 22s and air rifles allow alot of that, and I have made some amazing shots, some on the wing, or run, both handgun, and rifle, but won't go into details.

Since you and Bob use the 3s and 4s, is there any criteria you go by to choose between them, I know the 3 is btr on an LA than the 4x33. So it looks like if you're not using it for DG and/or an LA rifle, you might grab a 4x just as quick, if not 6x?

Good info. Goodshot - like JB I too have killed up close, one a large WT buck at 15 paces, 6x Leupold. Centered chest/shoulder in scope and squeezed. Worked great. It was at Dawn thirty wink

So it was LOW Light, but suffice to say a 6x never cost me an animal for too small an FOV, let alone too many wobbles causing either overconfidence hurrying the trigger, or not getting a sight pic.