Originally Posted by BlackDog1
Sound advice here about your velocities, bullet and powder choices for your Whelen. You didn't mention your weapon though....I happen to have a Remmy 24" take off barrel chambered for the Whelen I'd let go of reasonably.
BD

My rile is a custom built on an Oberndorf mauser. barrel is 23:, stock pure classic. The foreend tip and grip cap are made from elephant ivory. It has a 1 in 14" twist. I spotted it at a gun show as part of an estate sale and when I picked it up and threw it to my shoulder, I was hooked. I've never in over 54 years of hunting found a rifle that fit me so well. Accuracy is superb with the 225 gr. TSX, usually running .50 to .75".
I also have a Ruger M77RS and Remington Classic in the Whelen but they haven't been used very much. All three rifles will do 1.25" with the 250 gr. Hornady RN and SP and the 250 gr. Speer Hot Core with the H335 load I mentioned.
There's an awful lot of .35 Whelen talk going on over on the Nosler forum for those who are interested. You'd almost think the Whelen was one of the only cartridges worth owning. http://www.noslerreloading.com/phpBB2/index.php I posted the url for those who might want to take a looksee.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE