I'm saying that anyone who states that IPSC/3-Gun competitors use gamer guns and that's why they shoot that fast/accurate is smoking crack. I'm also saying that the golf range rifle people need to realize that NRA Highpower is not the measure of practical shooting skill for military, police or civilians. Just like ultra marathoners are not the measure of fitness. Being able to shoot slung up might be important, just like being able to run long might be important. But we live in a 0-400 meter world where being able to lift heavy things, sprint across the street, crush someone's throat and shoot and manipulate our guns extremely fast and accurately is the measure of skill.

As for the level of shooting skill in the military and police world, as much as it pains me to say.... across the board it is atrocious. Take the average Infantryman, SEAL, Ranger, etc. and put him in a 5k race and they will at least make a solid showing if not do very well. Take that same person and put him in a 3-Gun or IPSC match and it's embarrassing. Then they generally start smack talking the "gamers" about how they couldn't do it for "real". Ironically no one ever talks about how the runners couldn't run for "real"..... Fortunately after 11 years of constant war that is starting to change with the Army, Air Force, and Marines all having their own action shooting teams and a lot more individual SOF members starting to compete. At one time the collective shooting knowledge was held within the military and hopefully it will be so again.