Sorry Gang,
I'm back, and had a chance to read the thread a bit. Contrary to some of the views expressed here, I try to find value in each of the shooting "games" from a skills development perspective. Highpower has taught me the basics of building good solid field positions (with or without slings). From offhand I've learned good trigger control when a solid position is not possible. And wind and condition reading is a given across the course. Value for the warrior in the current theaters? Not my battle. It's just a game for me. I can tell you that the Corps reevaluated their qual course a while back and moved from KD to a more combat style course to meet the needs of the theater at the time.

I had a chance to watch some Robby Johnson video. Some here; http://kellynealsblog.wordpress.com/tag/robbie-johnson/
Looks like something I'd like to give a whirl. Just from the little I've seen on video and in watching a little of matches, I see the premium in mounting and fast acquisition and execution. I could love that.

Robby Johnson seems to excel in anything shooting (he's won the President's 100 tab, as well as a few 1000yd interservice matches while slung up in a jacket), and distinguished himself in combat. Carl Bernosky who won his what 10th NRA Highpower Championship is also a high level Bianchi Cup competitor.

Ain't it great that it's not either or?