I shot the 150gr original,100 bullets to a box,in my 7mag in 1994.They were bloody messy on deer.Not too many years after that they went to 50 bullets to a box and sometime there after they started changing the design on the inside.I quit using the old style 150gr in 1995 after I shot a buck in the scapula at 250yds.He jumped straight up on impact and went quickly down.I could see blood on his mouth and nostrils,so I knew I made a good solid hit.Shortly there after the buck got up and made his way to the brush before I could get another shot off.I trailed him through the brush and found him lying down.I quickly put one in his neck and that was the end of story.When I was processing the deer this is what I recovered in the ridge of the scapula.

[Linked Image]

The bullet fragments never broke through the scapula and I would have lost that buck had I not went after it.If I was shooting a smaller caliber rifle,I most likely would have not recovered it,if the same thing would have happened.The only explanation I can give for the bloody mouth and nostrils is,he absorbed the full shock of the 7mag impact,causing hemorrhaging inside his lungs and that is what kept him from going to far,because none of the bullet made it past the scapula.
Since those days,Nosler has come along way in improving the design of that bullet and I would not be afraid to use them for any of my game shooting.

Last edited by baldhunter; 09/06/12.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............